Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Patience

I have almost none, in most situations. There, I've said it.  This is one of my many, many flaws, and probably one of the top five.  So, what do I do when I want results immediately and I don't get them? Usually, I fret and worry and complain.  But lately, I've tried to remember that my plans aren't necessarily the best plans for me. Just because I want something, that doesn't mean that I really need it, or that I'm ready to handle what comes along with it...at least not with the required grace and dignity.

I'm working on it.  I am fond of saying that I am a work in progress. We all are, really.  As long as I have goals and dreams, I will never stop growing and changing. I will keep becoming a better version of me.  Personal evolution. That's important to me.  I have a few goals in mind right now, and I'm doing what I can to work toward achieving them. The wait for results is agonizing and frustrating, but I know the rewards will be worth the wait. So I try my best to be patient and let things happen the way they are supposed to. And I try not to complain.  I try to be encouraging to others.

Are you patient? If not, how do you handle the wait?

No comments: