Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Reason I Share...

One of the best things I've heard in a long time was the sound of a friend's joy over the phone tonight.  I merely sent him a link to a website I thought he might be interested in, and he was able to turn that into a job! He is an incredibly talented musician and an amazing person with the most beautiful spirit I've encountered in a very long time.  He applied to claim a spot among the performers at a local arts festival, and was selected.

The joy in his voice when he called to thank me for sending him was contagious! He thanked me over and over again for helping him, but I still don't feel like I did much. Having been on the receiving end of those small but kind acts in the past, however, I know exactly how much it means to him. And that's why I did it.

That's why I continue to share any possible opportunity I spot with my talented friends and colleagues...for the joy. Not my joy, but theirs. It always comes back around to bring me joy, too. Especially when they allow me to share in theirs.  Generosity is a beautiful thing. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

No comments: